My guest today is Susan Su the growth marketer of 500 Startups, a startup seed investment firm. 500 Startups is a world wide investment firm that has 1600 active investments. It has an accelerator program that helps founders who need a little boost.
Susan has a technical background with her experience in Palo Alto and Google. She has worked with Ramit Sethi the author of I Will Teach You to be Rich. This impressive resume has given Susan a unique take on the business world. On today’s episode she tells us about these experiences and what she learned from them.
Here are the points of our conversation:
- What is 500 Startups.
- How accelerators work.
- What is a growth marketer.
- Susan’s time at Stanford.
- Her time with Americorps.
- Working with Google.
- Working with Ramit Sethi.
- Why being able to negotiate is important.
- How to find a mentorship or apprenticeship.
- Why failure doesn’t exist.
- Why taking care of yourself is important.
Resources Mentioned Today: