My guest today is Sean Swarner. Sean is considered one of the most inspirational people in the world. At the age of 13 Sean was diagnosed with cancer. After going into remission, he fought the fight again at the age of 16. Sean has been in remission now 20+ years and has dedicated his life to living a life that matters.
Sean is a motivational speaker who uses his experiences to inspire people. He has climbed the highest peaks on every continent including Mount Everest, Kilimanjaro, and Mount McKinley in Alaska. In April of 2017 he plans to make his way to the North Pole. He is also climbing the Empire State Building on February 3rd, 2016 and releasing a book series on February 2nd.
The odds that Sean has faced throughout his life make for an awesome story, but he also discussed some other great topics during today’s episode.
- What life is like with one functioning lung and coping with cancer at such a young age.
- Sean’s e-book series about the 7 Summits.
- Why Sean chose mountain climbing.
- His personal branding strategy.
- How he stays motivated.
- The importance of visualizing a goal.
- His experience of running the New York City Marathon without training.
- How he prepares for a speaking event.
Sean is truly inspirational and hopes to continue telling his story for those who need to hear it. If you are interested in contacting Sean or just want to know more about his plans visit seanswarner.com.
Resources mentioned today: