I welcome IBM’s Social Business Evangelist Sandy Carter to the show. Sandy has been with IBM for over 20 years and has been influential to IBM’s relevance in social media. Sandy was the first person at IBM to branch out into blogging and using Youtube to connect with clients and the public.
She credits her genuine interest in people as to why her branding choice has been so successful for her. Sandy is a trusted adviser for many of her clients and has built lasting relationships with them. Today she tells me how she accomplishes that and what she advises newcomers to do when they are just starting out.
Here are some of the topics we discussed on today’s episode:
- How to be a trusted adviser
- How Sandy finds inspiration for her creativity
- Why it is important to build personal relationships
- How to find the right audience on social media
- The different attitudes toward networking in women vs. men
Sandy is very passionate about her work and creating a platform that reaches out to lots of people. She is a champion of the benefits of networking and honestly enjoys creating strong business relationships.