My guest today is Sheryl Thai one of the founders of The League of Extraordinary Women. The organization is meant to encourage female entrepreneurs and give them a place where they can discuss and network with each other. Sheryl is also the founder of Cupcake Central, a successful Melbourne bakery with 5 locations. On today’s episode Sheryl tells me about her career path from IT Consultant to Cupcake Central.
We also discuss the struggles of entrepreneurship and how Sheryl pushed through it all to make the organization and her bakery successful.
Here are today’s points:
- How The League of Extraordinary Women got started.
- The new Find Your Five service.
- How the League is different from other networking organizations.
- Sheryl’s career path from IT consultant to Cupcake Central.
- The importance of networking.
- Dealing with business changes and staff changes.
- How to find the friend/employee balance.
- Sheryl’s advice to young entrepreneurs.
- Why women’s issues are important to Sheryl.
- Why Sheryl is in the United States.
- What it was like to meet Tony Robbins.
If you would like to contact Sheryl, she can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Resources Mentioned Today: