My guest today is BJ Coleman, the CEO of Coleman Entertainment Group. BJ is an entertainment executive, a publicist, and a creative consultant. He has worked with numerous celebrities including Hilary Clinton, Method Man, Kimora Lee Simmons, Queen Latifah, and many, many others.
On today’s episode, BJ tells me about his life in the busy and glittery world of Hollywood. He explains how he immersed himself into the celebrity world and how he learned to balance the “show” side with the “business” side of the term “Show Business.” He also tells me who inspired him in his early years.
BJ offers some great advice for newcomers to the entertainment industry. He also does a great job explaining why publicity is a great career choice for someone who wants to be a part of the entertainment world.
Here are the points of today’s conversation:
- BJ’s daily routine.
- What are some of the misconceptions people have about public relations?
- The moment BJ realized he wanted to work in show business.
- Advice for new entrepreneurs.
- BJ’s path to his current business.
- Working with Kimora Lee Simmons.
- BJ’s future plans.
Resources Mentioned Today: